A trademark protects a company logo or name, for example, a symbol used to represent a brand.
A trademark identifies and distinguishes the source of goods of one party from another. Simply, a trademark is a brand name or logo.
Legally, a trademark includes any word, name, symbol, or device, or any combination used, or intended to be used, in commerce to identify and distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from goods manufactured or sold by others, and to indicate the source of the goods.
A service mark is any word, name, symbol, device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce, to identify and distinguish the services of one provider from the services provided by others, and to indicate the source of the services.
Why should I register my trademark with the USPTO?
Federal trademark registration has several benefits:
- Constructive notice nationwide of the trademark owner’s claim.
- Evidence of ownership of the trademark.
- Jurisdiction of federal courts may be invoked.
- Registration can be used as a basis for obtaining registration in foreign countries.
- Registration may be filed with U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.
How much does it cost to register my trademark?
At Madan Law PLLC, we offer affordable flat rates to our clients. Our rates are typically more affordable than most “non-attorney” websites and we offer more competent services. We also offer competitive pricing compared to many other law firms. Call today for a cost estimate!
Request a Free Consultation
Submit your information below and we will contact you at our earliest convenience.